Rigor Vitae: Life Unyielding

Thursday, August 28, 2008

WHAT I DID ON MY SUMMER VACATION

Now that I'm back from the reptile expo in Florida, I offer a few photographic highlights. Fay made her way through Daytona before I arrived, and the weather over all was quite nice. I saw lots of old friends and made a number of new ones. Especially nice were my first-time meetings with the wonderful British artist Tell Hicks and the well-known India-based herpetologist Romulus Whitaker. Special thanks to Wayne Hill, the expo director, for making the event what it is and for just being a deeply gracious guy, and to Fred Ryder for his hard work organizing the art show. The work of eight different artists was represented there, including one of my favorites, the Québécoise Patricia Pepin. Also on hand was Ron, a sand sculptor from Orlando, who, despite knowing very little about reptiles, managed to create a sharp-looking Panther Chameleon (Furcifer pardalis) during the show (bottom). I was able to sell out of books and posters and even stay fairly sober during the weekend.

_____________________
All photos taken by CPBvK in Daytona, FL 8-2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home