Rigor Vitae: Life Unyielding

Saturday, April 01, 2006

MORE MUSIC BLATHER

I have no intention of turning this into a music reviewing blog, honest. Still, I just have to mention a little something about last night's show, which delivered perhaps more fun per cubic centimeter than any concert I've seen, even though the club's sound was substandard. I'll keep it brief, I promise. If Gogol Bordello comes to your town and you miss them, hang your head in regret. It's the only appropriate response.
For extra credit, see if you can distinguish between Gogol Bordello violinist Sergey Ryabtzev and Belgian wildlife artist Carl Brenders.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just visited the link you posted and now I have a strong urge to wear purple...

Awesome music, thanks for sharing.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Carel Brest van Kempen said...

Here's a little background on that song, which was inspired by a former neighbor of Eugene Hütz, an elderly and psychotic woman who shouted gibberish at people and dressed entirely in purple. Whenever Eugene or his girlfriend would do something foolish, crazy or forgetful, the other would say, "I think it's time for you to start wearing purple."

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Pasaran Bola said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Bola Tangkas Tangkasnet

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home