Rigor Vitae: Life Unyielding

Thursday, March 30, 2006

CARNIVALERT #1

I've been doing this inadvertently for a while now, so let's make it an official series: a list of current blog carnivals I'm participating in, as well as my bi-weekly opportunity to post exhibition updates and basically toot my own horn. Okay, here goes:Tangled Bank, that carnival of natural and medical science is up at Island of Doubt. I forgot to submit to this edition, but that's no reason not to browse it.
The 20th issue of I and the Bird, the carnival of birds and the people they fascinate, is now up on the excellent Bootstrap Analysis.
The invertebrate blog carnival, Circus of the Spineless is due to be posted at Research at a Snail's Pace in the morning, but if Pascal's a bit late, we'll all understand.

Last month I beat up a bit on Radar over at Radaractive for his Darwin Is Dead creationist carnival. Radar's response to this was to send me a very gracious email inviting me to submit to the second edition, which is to be posted on April 3. Old Radar might have some nutty ideas, but he also has a lot of class. I wrote and posted a piece the other day specifically for DID, and I'm hoping to see it included on his site next Monday.
Those of you in the Santa Barbara area have just three days left to see my one-man-show at the Wildling Art Museum. Sunday the 2nd will be the last day of the show. Masterworks in Miniature continues at Gallery One in Mentor Ohio. If you want to buy my Barn Owl Portrait or any of the other many small works in the show, intent to puchase slips must be in by April 1. There's only one more day left to see Birds In Art, the national touring show, at the National Museum of Wildlife Art in Jackson, Wyoming. Another National touring show, Art & the Animal, ends April 3 at the Lakeview Museum of Arts and Sciences in Peoria, Illinois. An eleven-person touring show, Art of the Rainforest, opened this week at the Bergstrom-Mahler Museum in Neenah, Wisconsin. It runs through May 15th.
___________________
illustration: BARN OWL PORTRAIT (2006) acrylic 8" x 10"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nutty, eh? Thanks for the "class" remark. I intend to publish all entries (unless incredibly profane) no matter whether I agree or not. Grins!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Carel Brest van Kempen said...

Thanks, Radar! I meant what I said. I completely reject some of the basic premeses you build your world view on, but you're a good guy and a thinking guy, and you've got my respect. I look forward to seeing your carnival on Monday.

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the painting! I miss seeing your work, I look forward to us being in a show together again!
Vikki

9:58 AM  
Blogger Carel Brest van Kempen said...

Thanks, Vikki! Let's shoot for Wausau in September.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home