Rigor Vitae: Life Unyielding

Friday, August 24, 2007

E-CARDS

My work is available on a few old-fashioned birthday cards, but who sends those things anymore? If I were a shrewd businessman with a firm finger on the public pulse, I'd have an e-card site up, where folks could select one of my paintings to send to a newly-wed acquaintance or laid-up ex-brother-in-law with a minimum of fuss. I'm half tempted to send an e-card to my sister Michelle, who's celebrating her birthday today -- maybe a digitally-manipulated image like the one above (Hippo Birdies, Michelle!). But no, instead, I think I'll just post a link to her brand-new e-card site, Rattlebox, where an ever-expanding selection of edgy video cards lay in wait, perfect for that friend or co-worker with questionable taste (and you know that describes most of them).
_____________________
illustration: HIPPOPOTAMUS & NILE SOFTSHELLS (1885) acrylic 20" x 30" digitally defaced by CPBvK

2 Comments:

Blogger burning silo said...

I'm on the road this week, so just had a moment to view a few -- loved the monkeys on bicycles one. And, yes, edgy is a good way to describe them. Lotsa fun!

6:23 AM  
Anonymous www.iessawriter.com said...

Loved to read your blog. I would like to suggest you that traffic show most people read blogs on Mondays. So it should encourage blogger to write new write ups over the weekend primarily:)

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home