Rigor Vitae: Life Unyielding

Monday, August 14, 2006

THE BOOK MEME

I have to apologize to Karmen at Chaotic Utopia. She tagged me with this thing a couple of weeks ago, and I was so thrown by the first question that I put it off for a couple of days, then I was out of town, then the phone rang, and...well before you know it, it's been a lot longer than I ever realized...so while I'm guilt-ridden, here are my answers to the book meme:

1. One book that changed your life?
George Bush's copy of the Bible.

2. One book you have read more than once?
Ulysses by James Joyce—still don't get it.

3. One book you would want on a desert island?
A Field Guide to the Flora and Fauna of Desert Islands

4. One book that made you laugh?
Letters From a Nut by Ted Nancy

5. One book that made you cry?
The Zanzibar Chest by Aidan Hartley

6. One book you wish had been written?
Tropical Agricultural Techniques for the Twenty-first Century

7. One book you wish had never had been written?
An End to Evil by David Frum

8. One book you are currently reading?
True North by Jim Harrison

9. One book you have been meaning to read?
Collapse by Jard Diamond

10. Your oldest books?

See here.

11. Now tag five people -

Last time I tagged people with a meme, I made more enemies than friends. Before I tag anyone else, I have to make some more friends. In the meantime, feel free to tag yourself if you feel inspired.

2 Comments:

Blogger tai haku said...

Collapse is well worth a read - in turns depressing and uplifting but always fascinating. its a modern scientific classic by Diamond (even if Jared Diamond really does sound like he should be appearing in 70s movies)

3:33 PM  
Blogger Carel Brest van Kempen said...

I've been a fan of Diamond's work since those '70s movies were being filmed.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home