Rigor Vitae: Life Unyielding

Friday, March 09, 2007

MASTERWORKS IN MINIATURE

I'm not even sure where Mentor, Ohio is, but if it's in your neighborhood, you may want to drop by the opening festivities for this year's Masterworks In Miniature show, probably the biggest annual sale of miniature paintings and sculpture, with works from 140 of today's most popular artists.

The event, as always, is at Gallery One, 7003 Center Street. Tonight's reception is from 7 until 9pm, and the show will be up through March 24th. To see the entire show online, file an intent-to-purchase, or (most importantly) vote for my painting, Panther Chameleon Portrait (above) for the "People's Choice Award," click here.
______________________
illustration: PANTHER CHAMELEON PORTRAIT (2007) acrylic 10" x 8"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and lizard skin ... That little Chameleon is magnificent Carel! You DO have some competition at this show however. In a way, I'm a bit surprised about the sizes they call miniature. I remember doing some birds on 4 x 4 inch tiles years ago. I think I got $50 each, which earned me just below the minimum hourly wage at the time. Prices at this show are a bit steeper I see.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Carel Brest van Kempen said...

Thanks, Carl. A compliment from an artist like you makes my day. Yeah, if you're breaking it down to an hourly wage, I'm working in my top bracket when painting a miniature.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home