Rigor Vitae: Life Unyielding

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

CURRENT BLOG CARNIVALS

A big fat wheelbarrow of thanks goes to Grrlscientist for her unnecessarily kind introduction for my contribution to Tangled Bank Issue #49, which is hosted this week on her blog, Living the Scientific Life. There you can browse through 34 posts concerning natural science and medicine.
I'm looking forward to seeing what form I and the Bird #19 will take at Science and Politics this week. This carnival of birds, humans, and the intersection of the two is due to appear Thursday morning, but with an incubation period of 14-17 days, I'm expecting Coturnix to get it posted early.

This Friday is St. Patrick's Day, and what better way to celebrate it (if you're in the vicinity of Mentor, Ohio) than to attend the opening of Masterworks in Miniature at Gallery One? This is one of the country's premiere miniature exhibitions, with small works from over 100 of the world's top artists. Well...if you're in the vicinity of Salt Lake City, Utah, you could drop by my book signing party instead, at Ken Sanders' Rare Books, in downtown SLC. Both events run from 7-9pm in their respective time zones.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is very hard not to enjoy a person who has poetry in his soul. I do invite you to my blog to enter the Darwin is Dead Carnival whether you are a Darwinist, Creationist or whatever.

I loved the dog poem! I loved it! It was glorious...

10:08 PM  
Blogger Carel Brest van Kempen said...

Well thanks, Radar! It's hard not to enjoy a person who is as gracious as you just were. If you liked Ken's dog poem, I recommend you investigate his other stuff. There are about eight compilations published. It's wonderful stuff. I'll be sure to keep an eye on Your DID carnival, and will surely be submitting something in the near future.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home