Rigor Vitae: Life Unyielding

Sunday, April 26, 2009

A NEW TIME-LAPSE PAINTING CLIP

I've given the time-lapse treatment to a new painting. Feeling more confident with the process, I tackled a major painting this time: A pair of courting Crowned Flying Lizards (Draco cornutus) in the foreground compete for our attention with a big old male Orang-utan (Pongo pygmaeus) calling from his sleeping nest in the background. In celebration of getting it done, I've used some real music instead of the silly original compositions I've relied on in the past. Of all the great Salt Lake musical combos that I've listened to over the years, my absolute favorite was Thirsty Alley. We're favored with 1½ wonderful compositions, I Formed the World with my Tongue, I Cleared the Bar with my Diaphragm and Haloumi (Part II).

3 Comments:

Anonymous bev said...

As per usual, it's a fascinating and a great pleasure to watch the creation of one of your beautiful works.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'll just echo what Bev said. I always love watching this process, even though it mystifies me.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Carel Brest van Kempen said...

Thanks very much, Bev and Clare.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home