Rigor Vitae: Life Unyielding

Thursday, September 14, 2006

CARNIVALERT #12

Having spent the last couple of weeks stumbling around the mountains and splashing around the rivers, instead of dutifully typing at the keyboard, I find this blog appearing in but one carnival this time around. I and the Bird #32 is currently being hosted by Deb of Sand Creek Almanac. Click over to her links to 20 birding-related posts, and read them passionately.

The festivities begin today at the National Museum of Wildlife Art in Jackson, Wyoming, for the Western Visions Miniatures and More Show, featuring small sculptures and paintings by 150 of the world's finest representational artists. Drawing for bids on the work will take place tomorrow evening, Sept. 15th.

I'll be busy here in town for the next week or two. Tomorrow I'll be the "working artist" at the Utah State Fair. At 7pm on Thursday, Sept. 28, I'll be speaking at Utah Valley State College as part of their Happenings in Humanities series. On Friday, Sept. 29th, I'll participate in an exhibition, Ispirata at the Rose Wagner Center for the Arts in downtown Salt Lake City. The show is in conjunction with the release of a new cd by my old pal Lisa Marie Wood. Another new cd is expected any day from local singing/songwriting phenomenon, Andy Monaco. The new recording, appropriately titled Maybe, features the work of many of Salt Lake's finest musicians, as well as yours truly on the mighty Fender Rhodes. Andy's cd release party will be at Kate & Ed's, 3575 S. 2700 E., Salt lake City, on Saturday, Sept. 23 at 7pm. Finally, on Friday, September 29, I will be signing copies of my book at Central Book Exchange, 2017 S. 1100 E., Salt Lake City, from 7 until 9pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home