Rigor Vitae: Life Unyielding

Monday, January 09, 2006

AND ON A STRICTLY SELF-INDULGENT NOTE...


As if blogging itself weren't self-indulgent.) Over at the Wildling Art Museum, they're taking down the one-man show for Bob Kuhn that ended on Sunday. Kuhn is one of the really legendary animal painters; much of the best work being done today has his fingerprints all over it, so it's with chest fully puffed out that I announce that my own little one-man show will be taking the place left by his. The exhibition opens officially on Jan. 18th, and runs through April 2nd. I will appear at the Wildling on Darwin's birthday, Feb. 12, to give a talk about my work, and to give the first signing for my new book. Reservations are required for this event; please refer to the museum's website. If you're going to be in the vicinity of Santa Barbara, CA in the next couple of months, please drop by the Wildling. Thanks to director Elizabeth Knowles and her staff, and to David Wagner, PhD, who curated the show.

While I'm at it, the touring exhibit, Birds in Art, just opened this weekend at the National Museum of Wildlife Art in Jackson, WY. It runs through the end of March.
_____________________
illustration: NORTHERN CACOMISTLE (1994) Acrylic 18" x 24"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care about your stupid show.

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly do! I would really like to get a signed copy of your book on the first day you are signing them. I have seen the proofs and the book is superb! I'll have to do some begging to get my in-laws to go to the show for me.

Congrats on a great book and the show.

Breck

P.S. Let's see anonymous get a show - anywhere (besides being an anonymous, self-indulgent, and petty twit)

8:43 PM  
Blogger Carel Brest van Kempen said...

Thanks for the kind words, Breck! I just received my advance copy of the book, and the printers did a fabulous job--it looks great. You provided good advice, as always.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home