Rigor Vitae: Life Unyielding

Friday, June 09, 2006

NEW SCIENCE BLOGS

Around the same time this site entered the blogosphere, Seed Magazine started its Science Blogs site, which quickly became the proverbial 300-pound gorilla in its field, home to a dozen and a half great science blogs, including Afarensis, Living the Scientific Life, Pharyngula, and many others. This morning, Science Blogs is unveiling its long-awaited facelift, with a new design on the front page, and 24 (count 'em) new blogs, including old standbys like Carl Zimmer's The Loom, Karmen Franklin's Chaotic Utopia, Mike the Mad Biologist, and Coturnix, former proprietor of The Magic Schoolbus, Circadiana and Science & Politics, who has rolled all three into A Blog Around the Clock, which sports a very nice banner. In addition to these old friends are a number of blogs that are new to me. Enjoy looking them all over, I know I will.
_____________________
illustration: BIOPHILIA--CRESTED CHAMELEON & WESTERN LOWLAND GORILLA (2001) acrylic 22" x 17"

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very nice banner indeed!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links--us "humanists" often look at science and math together and tend to dismiss them without seeing the art in those disciplines in depth.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First time here ~ via "AnonyMoses".

Your purpose and fantastic art cannot help but make a difference in increasing the awareness of man's interconnectedness with nature.

I wish you All the Best in your good work.

~ Patty Ann Smith

1:27 PM  
Blogger Carel Brest van Kempen said...

Coturnix: Thanks. I hope you like it. Now I've gotta do the same for my own blog!
Slskenyon: How right you are.
Patty: Nice to have you over. Thanks so much for your kind words.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm an old standby? *blush* I'm honored! Thanks :)

Completely off topic, I waved in your direction as we drove through Utah this weekend. I could have shouted, too, but I was distracted by all the thunderstorms, wildfires, and petroglyphs. What a wild place--I know why you love it.

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and that banner did look great! Nice job!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Carel Brest van Kempen said...

Thanks, Karmen! Next time you all will have to stop in Salt Lake for a drink.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home